Grill the beans outdoors in a grill basket or on a grill pan on the stove. Either way, the high heat yields the same juicy, crisp-tender beans with a delicious smoky char. Paired with a spicy peanut sauce, this easy side dish will steal the show. Add grilled steak or chicken and brown rice for a full meal.
Grilled Green Bean Salad With Szechuan Dressing
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili oil or Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns, toasted in a dry pan and finely ground, optional
- 1 pound (453g) green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, finely chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, chili oil or Sriracha, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper. Set aside.
Preheat a gas grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Toss beans with sesame oil in a large bowl and place on a mesh grill screen on the grill or in the pan. Cook, tossing with tongs occasionally, until beans are tender and charred all over, 6–8 minutes.
Arrange beans on a serving platter, drizzle with dressing, and top with green onions and peanuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serves: 4 | Serving size: 3/4 cup (75g) beans, 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 177; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Sodium: 276mg; Carbohydrate: 14g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 6g