Including avocados in your diet can help lower your LDL or “bad” cholesterol and raise your HDL or “good” cholesterol. But that’s not the only reason to use avocados everywhere. They also add a creamy, rich texture to these popsicles without using cream. Including antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and cinnamon adds a little Mexican flair.
Dark Chocolate Avocado Paletas
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) unsweetened vanilla almond or hazelnut milk
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup (78ml) Grade A maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons (36g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine the milk, avocado, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla and cinnamon in a blender. Process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides to make sure all the ingredients incorporate evenly.
Pour into 6 (1/2 cup/118ml-capacity) popsicle molds. Freeze until solid, 4 hours. Unmold and enjoy immediately.
Serves: 6 | Serving size: 1 paleta
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 106; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 46mg; Carbohydrate: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 11g; Protein: 2g